BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 30, 2010

Mommy 911! Requesting backup at Crib! Outside resources needed!

     Well today is kind of an emergency day. Not like, 911 emergency, but still. Well it WAS a 911 emergency when Haley decided to dial 911 and hang up (oh, hello officer.... yeah, no emergency here... yes I'm sure). No, this emergency is particularly urgent because, well honestly, not only is it unnerving, but it's a little ittitating after a while (sorry, Hal).
     Well, last night, around 11:30pm or so, I hear Haley moaning in her sleep on the moniter, nothing new here... After a few minutes of that, all of a sudden a SCREAM! And I DO mean scream. It was immediately followed by that "I'm terrified" cry that all mom's know so well. Of course, we ran in there to see what was up; of course, nothing. So After a few intense minutes of calming her down and rocking her to sleep in my arms, we were finally able to go back to what we were doing before (you know, parent time... no not that! Get your mind out of the gutter, there are children present!). Anyway, she woke up an hour or so later, but I gave her the bottle while she was still in the moaning stage, no problem. Around 4:30 in the morning, we wake up to the "terrified" scream and cry over the monitor. Again, we both went in there to make sure nothing was going on (it wasn't). This time though, the only way I could get her to go back to sleep was to leave her bedroom door open with the hallway light shining in. Went back to bed around 5 and she was fine in the morning, playing in her crib for about an hour or so before making a peep.
     As hopeful (or nieve) as I am, I figured this was a one time thing, perhaps a nightmare that she had twice or something of that nature. Put her down for a nap, she fought me more than usual on it, but still went down relitively hassle-free. Tonight though, is a different story. Bedtime is at 8pm for her, everynight. She knows that, and will usually get cranky if she stays up much later than that. We get her all changed (on the changing table that she freaks out on... every time, for a week or so), and she was ok afterwards. As soon as she hit her mattress, SCREAMING. Non-stop, red in the face, sweating, the whole nine yards, again sounding terrified. We took her out, brought her into the living room for a while, and tried again (and again). Well finally, around 10:30 or so, I had had it. I was so ready to put my fist through the wall. Any wall would have been fine (hey, I'm a mom, not a saint!). I tried to put her in her little bouncer (the only that looks like a clamshell... yes, you know what I'm talking about), and she screamed the same way as soon as I put her there too. (F!)
     Finally, I decided I no longer cared about anything but getting this kid to sleep. So we took her and put her in our bed and I layed down with her. Mike decided to get her old convertible co-sleeper and set up the playpen part of it so that she can sleep in our room so she doesn't have to be alone until whatever is going on passes. Yeah, no that didn't work either. Same screaming when we put her there too! The only solution was to put her in our bed and hang out with her until she fell asleep (and you KNOW I fell asleep too!). I guess when we go to bed that we can try to move her to the co-sleeper since it is right next to the bed and there will be minimal sleeping baby transportation.
     The emergency part of all this, is the face that I have NO idea what is going on with her... None at all! I'm thinking it could be her teeth, and fro mthe pain came the need to be held and comforted. I have no idea. I am really hoping, though, that that is not going to be a long term thing, where she will be sleeping in our bed and putting up a fuss everytime she sees her crib. I don't think that babies her age (she's 9 months old now, holy crap!) have the capacity to be afraid of the dark, since they really have no concept of anything they can't see hurting them. I guess I could be wrong. If anyone has ANY kind of input, any at all, please, please, please pass it along. I don't know how much longer I can see her like this. I am absolutely starting to worry for her. I'm hoping that nothing serious is wrong with her. I just need some help here. Thanks in advance (feel obligated yet? Because that phrase always makes me).
     Until next time, Happy Momming! (happier momming than mine)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em, it could be a couple of different things. One is night terrors, it's not uncommon. It's like a bad dream. Just reassure her and comfort her. Then put her back to bed.
Then there is separation anxiety. Which the only thing you can do about that is keep her in the crib and reaaure that everything is alright.
Then of course there is the gas bubbles that might be floating around (which is what it sounds like). Monitor what she's eating and see if it happens more when she's eating certain foods.
Last but not least, is that she wakes at night and can't figure out how to get back to sleep. Again, just comfortingher might do the trick.

It's very hard at this age to figure out what is wrong. If it continues, call the Doctor and see what he/she suggests. It could be ust a stubborn streak coming out.
Remember, I told you that Michael used to stand at the door banging onit saying "let me out, let me out" He was about the same age. Only he could climb out of the crib by then. Our solution was to switch him to a regular bed with a rail on it. But for months I dealt with him climbing out of the crib. AND WAS A SCREAMER.... I hope this helped a little. Momsy